The office orchestra around this point of Autumn is the same year-on-year: there’s an ensemble of coughers; a whole section of splutterers; likely there’s a row or two of sneezers; all backed by a chorus of snifflers.
Yet, what might appear to be earnest hard work – employees dragging themselves into the office in the face of seasonal ailments isn’t the best attitude to have, and can hold negative effects for both worker and employer.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.