Supermarket giant, Iceland, are proving that they’re always on the lookout for recruitment opportunities, after erecting billboards outside Tesco’s HQ following the news that 1,200 of the supermarket’s head office employees would be let go.
The Daily Mail reports that Iceland representatives were spotted putting up large billboards outside Tesco’s main office in Welwyn Garden City – one of which read: “Looking for a cool new job? Join our head office team.” Opportunistic Iceland bosses were quick to take advantage of potential candidates, after rival Tesco announced that it would be culling over 1,000 roles as part of a cost-cutting initiative.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.