The ‘Great Resignation’ has seen millions of Brits resigning or changing jobs, driven in part by the pandemic which caused a rush among British workers to find a better work-life balance. It’s tempting to conclude from that that many Brits are dissatisfied with their jobs – but new research suggests that this is far from being the case in the HR field.
In fact, the 2022 careers survey conducted by XpertHR, the UK’s leading online resource, indicates that these are boom times for HR careers, with their data revealing that more than three quarters (76.9%) of HR professionals think there are good job prospects for them in HR over the next five years. This is the same figure recorded in XpertHR’s 2017 survey, showing that the pandemic appears to have done nothing to dampen HR professionals’ enthusiasm about their career prospects.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.