A worker claims he was sacked after bosses found out he had moved into his work cubicle, because he said he wasn’t earning enough money to afford an apartment.
As was reported on by the Independent, Simon Jackson’s situation went viral after he posted a TikTok video in which he announced his plans to live in his office cubicle in a video as “a matter of protest”.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.