Staff at streaming platform Quibi have reportedly been told to listen to a song from the kids’ film Trolls to lift their spirits, while also informing them they will be laid off from the firm.
During a video call earlier this week, Founder Jeffrey Katzenberg suggested the song Get Back Up Again might make them feel better, people familiar with the call told the Wall Street Journal.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.