‘People are at the heart of our success’ is something that Rachel Shepherd, General Manager, Human Resources & Facilities at Toyota GB, champions at the business, which is responsible for sales and marketing for Toyota and Lexus in the UK. Never has Shepherd’s statement been more apparent than in the current economic climate, following the coronavirus pandemic that has dramatically shifted the business landscape and how businesses are operating and still keeping afloat. For example, US department Macy’s recently furloughed the majority of its 125,000 staff members due to the outbreak, which has forced the retail chain to close stores. Plus, the business’ Board of Directors will also stop receiving their salaries in order to sustain the firm. Meanwhile, Neil...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.