Whilst working for the royals is undoubtedly a high-stress, high-reward life choice, you may imagine that successful candidates would remain on their best behaviour when serving the heirs to the throne. Yet reports from the Daily Mail claim that since 2015, 27 employees from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's home of Kensington Palace have been fired for various counts of misconduct.
Of the 27 sacked employees, two were reportedly dismissed for harassment, whilst one lost their job due to a case of fraud. Five more were let go over their attendance, whilst eight were fired for ‘failing to follow procedure’.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.