In a recent study conducted by charity Scope, two-thirds of the British public admitted to feeling uncomfortable when talking to disabled people and felt ‘awkward’ about seeming patronising or saying the wrong thing.
Chris Jay, Executive Chairman at disability awareness charity Enable Me, emphasises that it is important for firms to break the common misconception that they don’t employ people with disabilities.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.