A stressful job can be murder, literally. According to new research, anxiety and long hours spent in the office can shave decades off an individual's life expectancy.
The report, conducted in the US by both Harvard and Stanford Universities, has found that the stress levels you experience at work have a direct effect on how long you will live. The study examined the correlation a high-paying job has with access to better healthcare, a positive work-life balance and education. In some areas of America, this can equate to a shocking 33-year deduction on your life span.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.