Last week thousands of women took to Twitter to fight sexism within their field, in a torrent called #Ilooklikeanengineer.
Now, inspired by the growing trend, female doctors have created their own feed where they upload a selfie with the hashtag #Ilooklikeasurgeon. The link has already attracted 12,000 re-tweets and is still going strong, with women from across the globe taking photographs in their scrubs in an attempt to break down gender stereotypes.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.